Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Oh the phases the phases

A while back I wrote (here) about some phases the kiddos were going through and of course some new ones have come up that I thought I would share. One thing I have learned with the ever changing phases is that they keep you learning as a parent. And for me so dependent on the Lord for patience. Patience is something I could always and I mean always use more of. Of course all phases are not "bad" or exhausting some are cute and charming...those are the ones I wish I saw more of :) And some things on the list are things she is just learning that are not really phases because I plan on them sticking around.

For my sweet Eden bug:
~ Making a "home". This is probably her favorite thing to do... It's were she gets all the blankets and pillows in the house and sets them out and then brings her bins of toys in and sets them around the blankets. The difficult thing with this for me is that she never ever wants to make her "home" in her bedroom it is always in the living room, dining room or kitchen. Even with that I still let her make her home almost anywhere in the house. She loves doing it and so does Owen. I cannot say no even if it is the biggest mess!

~ Learning to clean up. She has gotten really good at it! Last night I told her to go clean her room because it was a train wreck and she did it... perfectly. It looked amazing! I was kind of taken back. I praised and praised her for how great of a job she did.

~ Making up the craziest names for her dolls and animals. I can't even spell some of the names she comes up with

~ Thinking that she is the boss. Yup we have hit the bossy little girl phase. She has told me before that she is the boss and not mommy. Yeah that resulted in quite the conversation

~ Getting up EVERY night around midnight to go potty. She will not go by herself at night. We are working through this one... even though it is for 2 minutes that broken sleep for me can be tough. 


Little Owen man:
~ Talking! Until probably 2 weeks ago he said about 5 to 8 words and now he is daily saying new words. I love it!

~ Counting to 10 and then jumping off the couch. I had rather him not jump off the couch, but to hear him count is just too cute to not let him.

~ Holding our hands during prayer and "praying" to himself.

~ On the other side not wanting to hold my hand or be in the stroller when we are in public. This makes for very very exhausting outings. He refuses to hold my hand, but the crazy thing is, he will as long as he is holding Eden's too. He will hold her hand all day long.

~ Still not the best little eater. We are taking small steps towards helping him grow out of this, but he has added a few new meals to his diet. Spaghetti being one of them. For so long I could not get the child to tough pasta. 

I love those sweet babies. And through the tough phases I have to remind myself that it is only a season. I remember telling myself that through sleepless nights when they were babies. I want to treasure the precious things that they are doing right now and remember them.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Eden and Owen are staying the night at Nan's house. Hooray!! Don and I are staying out late Friday and sleeping in on Saturday. So excited!!!!

movie time








No comments:

Post a Comment