Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! I wanted to reflect on being a mommy. This morning our pastor recognized all the moms and then read Proverbs 31: 28-31,

Her children rise up and call her blessed;
        her husband also, and he praises her:
    “Many women have done excellently,
        but you surpass them all.”
    Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
        but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
    Give her of the fruit of her hands,
        and let her works praise her in the gates

A classic and very timely verse for the day. As he read those verses I had so much emotion come over me. I really realized that I cannot do this on my own. No way. I am far too selfish and lack patience to do this "job" of being a mommy on my own. I am so thankful for the Lord's help to make it through everyday. At the same time I was overwhelmed with how blessed I am at getting to stay home and be a mom to two wonderful children. As I have shared before I never thought I would be a stay at home mom and now I could never imagine doing anything else. I love getting to teach, play and guide my children everyday.

As always my husband had a sweet day ready for me. Started with homemade poptarts! They were amazing! He got up at 5:30 to start on them. Homemade dough. He is always amazing me. We didn't get a pic of the finish product, but this was the making of it. No, I was not up to take the pic.


The kids made me some sweet cards and the wonderful Don Gale wrote me the sweetest card as always. Along with some chocolates and a cute ring from Spruce. So sweet! Now, he is cooking up some deliciousness. Not sure what all we are having, but he keeps giving me tastes and I feel like I am in the kitchen of some gourmet restaurant. I do know he is fulfilling my request for a tuna salad sandwich... i know random, but it is going to be awesome! I know I am bragging a bit on my hubs, but he deserves it. He blesses me so much!!

Lastly, I requested a picture with the kids and this is the best we could get... Owen is not very good at pictures at the moment. Just can't keep that little guy still. I didn't get to spend the day with my mom, but I did see her yesterday and I am so thankful for her Godly example over the years. She is the best and I love her so much! Hope you all had a wonderful mother's day :)


1 comment:

  1. These pics of you with your little ones will be all the more meaningful as seasons change and pass. It's hard to imagine now but you will find yourself forgetting all these details of daily frustration and difficulties. These kind of photos will jog your memory about the daily joys and all the rest melts away.

    I can see your mommy heart. :)

    ReplyDelete