Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

birthday fun

I love birthdays! Growing up my parents made a big deal about them, not that we just got tons of presents, but it was a really special day. So naturally, I love to celebrate them and rejoice in the life and year the Lord has given. Saturday was Don's birthday. We had a fun celebration especially since his sister Sara and parents were in town. We went out on Wednesday to the Civil Rights Museum, lunch at the Majestic, a trolly ride and a Redbirds game that evening.







And for his actual birthday because I am the kind of person that has to celebrate on the actual day we went out to dinner at Rizzo's and did some shopping. Rizzo's was not the ideal plan for dinner, but after calling 5 restaurants to make reservations we settled on Rizzo's. I guess April 21 was a busy night for fine dining. I just couldn't believe that all those restaurants were already full by mid-week. We enjoyed Rizzo's and would go back it was really tasty food. The dessert however topped it all. It was an ice cream sandwich banana split full of  amazingness!! The picture just looks like a pile of chocolate, but I would go back there just to have that dessert again. Before dinner we went to Hoot and Louise. Ladies, this is a must go to store! They have the cutest dresses! She also carries vintage clothes and they were all so unique. Go there!

cute wrapping from Hoot and Louise
1980's vintage skirts

Veggie plate: Arugula salad, Goat cheese stuffed squash and tomato and white bean paste bruschetta. Yum!
Don's Chorizo Meatloaf. He said it was great.
And the mound of awesomeness. 

We had a great night! I love sweet nights and birthday celebrations with my darling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment