Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Celebrating 5 years!

June 2nd will be our 5 year wedding anniversary. We celebrated a weekend early because of different schedule conflicts and such (June is already becoming a busy month!!) The kiddos went to my mom's in Covington for Friday night and Saturday night. 2 nights!! We started the weekend by grabbing a quick bite to eat at Kwik Chek. They have amazing food! Then we headed downtown for Trolly night and walking in and out of shops downtown.

Saturday was our big celebration. We had a wonderful picnic at Botanic Gardens. Don did a wonderful job with the food... as always. We had crab dip, Goat cheese with honey, Manchego cheese, fig spread, raspberries, watermelon, baguette and a chocolate croissant for dessert.

We finally got to eat at Andrew Michael's Italian Kitchen. (we have tried to make reservations there 3 times and they are always booked). We started with Antipasta and a cheese plate. Yes, we like nice cheeses... a lot. I had the Red Snapper and it was so delicious. It was one of the best dishes I have ever eaten... ever. It was so worth the price and I cleaned the plate! Seriously, there was not even a lick of sauce left.


Don had the Soft Shell Crab and of course he said it was amazing. I think I won though on the best entree


For dessert I ordered the Marscapone Cheesecake with maple caramel and almonds. Delicious!

Don had the Chocolate Torte with Popcorn Gelato. He won for best dessert. That popcorn gelato was incredible. I love salty sweet and it was perfect!

After dinner we headed to the Dixon to see The Glass Menagerie. To be honest at first when they announced that the first act was 70 minutes with a 15 minute intermission and the second act was another 60 minutes. I was like goodness we are going to be here all night. It was already a late show. But I will have to say it was so good! The acting was great and had my attention the entire time!


We had the most enjoyable time celebrating our anniversary. 5 years have flown by. I am more in love with my husband than I ever thought possible 5 years ago. Blessed beyond words by that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment