Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Not a Christmas entry

So this not going to be anything about Christmas, although I love reading all the Christmas posts lately. My Christmas entry will come later. Today is a sick day for this mommy. I've actually been sick for going on 2 days now. It's nothing horrible just a faucet for a nose, headache, tired, little bit of body aches. I've heard this saying a million times and it's so true about how mom's don't get sick days. Whenever that goes through my head when I am sick I tend to fell sorry for myself. But the hardest thing for me when I am sick is how quickly I get frustrated at my children. I tend to be irritated easily and lose my patience oh so fast! On days like today I try to just take it easy and not be as concerned about housework. I am not as strict about movie time, but at the same time try to have them doing fun things since they are in the house all day. Like today we baked Christmas ornaments and then painted them and I finished my "winter" wreath. (pics will come soon!). (I have no idea how I had the energy to those things.) The biggest thing that struck me today is that even in my sickness I am still called to love and care for my family well. Thankfully there is grace for those frustrating moments, but I am want to try in those moments to not let my sickness and mood cause me to sin against my children. Hopefully, in the morning I will be a millions times better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment