Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Food!!!

This has been a great weekend! My mom came to my rescue and kept my sweet babies friday night and most of Saturday. And I got TONS of stuff done because I was starting to feel overwhelmed with my Christmas list. I finished the super hero capes for my niece and nephews, cooked, did some good cleaning and wrapped presents. I feel so much better! And tonight we just got back from a fun time with our sweet friends the Nelsons. Finally, got to hold their sweet new baby Jonathan, so handsome :) All that to say, my hubby and I went on a date Friday night to Le Chardonnay. And I wanted to share a quick review on it. Those that know my husband and I know that we enjoy food. We love to cook, we love to eat unique and interesting foods and we greatly enjoy the dining out experience. I have heard some people say that food is "just fuel" and I disagree. Food is an experience. Granted every now and then it is just fuel, but more often it should be an enjoyable memorable experience. Even everyday family meals.
We decided on Le Chardonnay because it was one of the places that we had a Groupon for and we had eaten there once before, but only for dessert. At that time it was at a different location and it had a very romantic feel. The new location doesn't have that same feel. While it is still dimly lit and there are candles on the table the T.Vs, open kitchen and the smoking countered the whole romantic atmosphere I remembered. And yes SMOKING! I didn't think you could smoke in restaurants anymore. I would have left if we hadn't already ordered. And typically, I do not mind if the kitchen is open and you can see the chefs cooking, but they were talking loudly and one guy was on break and just leaning on the counter smoking and swearing. It was annoying.
On to the food. It was nothing great. I ordered the grilled mahi mahi sandwich. The piece of fish was very flat and not impressive. However, the remoulade was very tasty, but the sandwich was on a huge sesame bun that completely overwhelmed the fish. I felt like I was eating more bread than anything. But the fries were nice and crispy. We will not be eating there again. My husband wrote a review of the restaurant here if you want to hear his comments.

Here are just a few of our favorite restaurants in Memphis
1. Sweet Grass (we would say it is the best restaurant in Memphis)
2. Elegant Farmer
3. Boscos
4. Trolley Stop
5. 3 Angels Diner
6. It isn't Don fav, but I love Bombay House. He prefers Mayuri
7. Majestic

We both really want to try
1. Andrew Michael
2. Iris
3. Felicia Suzanne's
So, if you have ever eaten at any of those places please let me know what you thought about it.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment