Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Desiring God must read article!

I had a few things I wanted to write about, but have to put that all aside after reading this short article on Desiring God. Please click here and read it... it's not long at all and it is so worth the 2 minutes or less it takes to read it. It's a son's tribute to his father that served and worked with the poor in Sri Lanka. I was greatly struck by how he describes how they gave up a "fancy" nice home so that they could relate more to the poor. It made me think on how much time I can spend making our home "perfect" and decorating and making "things". Don't get me wrong I do not believe making your home lovely is a sin or bad thing to do. In fact I believe the Lord has designed and put it in women to make a home a... home. It's more on how much time and energy and thought goes into it and then am I fully using our home to serve others and be relate able to everyone that walks through our front door. Please read the article maybe other things will stick out to you :) Have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment