Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Why the unlikely housewife?

Because that is what I am. By calling myself the unlikely housewife I remind myself that what I am is only by the grace and blessing of the Lord. I never in a million years thought I would be here: a wife, mother of two small children, a college education and staying home. You see my mind was aimed on career and making much of myself. It was only by the Lord’s grace and mercy that He called me to be a wife and mother. I love being those things. I love being with my children all day and having the house ready for my husband when he comes home. At one point in my life that sounded like prison. How blind I was to the beauty of the Lord’s plan. Don’t get me wrong we have tough tough days and I am a sinful mother and wife with many shortcomings, but only by the Lord's mercy do I grow from those shortcomings.

I want this blog to be an account of my joys, celebrations, frustrations and shortcomings as a wife and mother. But most of all about the things the Lord is teaching me about my role as a wife first and then a mother. I hope to also share projects I am working on around our house, recipes, things I am learning and just "stuff" we do as a family. So here's to blogging... hopefully this won't be the only entry :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi sis, I hope you keep up your blog better than I have. So far I have been a "one post wonder" ! It's funny to think about when we were young and you were always the one that was going to have the fab career. I wanted to be the housewife. As much as I enjoy working with my clients I want to be in your shoes if it were possible. I love you. Give my Doodle and Owie lots of love from Aunt Jess !

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you have so much wisdom to offer mommies. can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo funny that you clarified that you aren't a hippy!!!! haha! love u!

    ReplyDelete