Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Toilet Paper Rolls... Who knew?

So I just finished a quick piece of artwork. It was super easy and relatively quick. I do have 2 little ones so everything takes a bit more time than planned. All you need is a canvas (which Hobby Lobby has them for 40% off right now!), toilet paper rolls, paint and a hot glue gun. Everyone should have a hot glue gun. They are amazing!! I have had my mom's now for about 5 years...She hasn't mentioned it, so I guess she isn't missing it. Then all you do is paint your canvas, paint the toilet paper rolls, design and glue away! I made the mistake of cutting the rolls before I painted them, so it took more time to paint all those tiny strips. So, paint the rolls first! Originally, I only had the orange flowers and I knew it needed something else and my creative husband suggested the smaller blues ones, which I think look great. This would also look cute in a little girl's room, just a thought :)

The idea came from apartment therapy... i don't have their original post. But check out their website it's great!

The pictures aren't that great they are a little crooked... I am growing in my photography skill




and an up close one, which changes the colors a bit


3 comments:

  1. very very cute! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I saw some really cute art that was also made out of toilet paper rolls on Pinterest. What a great idea! I think I might start saving some to make my own project soon..:)
    Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love Apartment Therapy too!

    ReplyDelete