Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Self-relaince

I had a sweet/hard/touching conversation with Eden this morning. She woke up in a joyful mood and played well this morning and then out of no where gets in a foul mood. We sat down for our school time and she was just sour, she complained that she didn't like the girl that was in the book we were reading, that she didn't like the coloring book we were going to do and an assortment of other frustrations and bad attitudes. I knew things were going on in her heart, so we went to my bedroom and we sat down to talk. We talked about how she likes to put on dress up and get all "prettied up", but if she has a bad attitude and her heart isn't pretty then those nice clothes do nothing. And how what makes us beautiful is the condition of our heart. We talked a little more about it then I told her that she needs Jesus to help her make her heart pretty and have a good attitude and that we cannot do it on our own and how mommy needs the Lord everyday. She then somewhat shyly looks at me and tells me she can do it on her own. Oh, how sad I was at that moment. We talked more, but her heart was in the same place of self - reliance. I realized and was reminded of how natural it is to be reliant on our self and desire to do everything in our own strength. Even my 3 1/2 year old daughter struggles with that. I was so there and still am, daily. How much more freeing and joyful my life is knowing that I do not have to rely on my own strength. That Christ is my strength and my hope. I also realized that my children need my prayers, daily. Just as I mentioned in a previous post about being more dedicated in prayer for my husband I know I need to do the same for my children. About 10 minutes later Eden came to me and asked me to pray for her. It was a very sweet moment. I am so thankful that I am able to be with her threw all these little moments that shape her character.

No comments:

Post a Comment