Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Hooray for date nights!

Don and I had a wonderful date tonight. Our sweet friend Becky called me up last week and said she really wanted to keep our kids for us one night and it was such a blessing! Most of you know that Don and I love eating out and we love eating at local restaurants. My sweet hubs knows all the best places :) We have been trying to eat at Andrew Michael's for so long and have yet been able to go there. We also tried Restaurant Iris, but could not get anyone to answer the phone. Maybe next time. So we decided on River Oaks. Not that it was our 3rd choice or anything, but just that the other two have been on our restaurant radar for sometime now. I had seen River Oaks before driving down Poplar and thought it looked neat mainly because I really liked the font of the restaurant name... silly I know. Anyway, it was wonderful!! Our server was on top of it. He knew in detail and enthusiasm every question we asked. And their sweet tea was almost as good as my momma's...and that is hard to do. I would highly recommend it for any nice date night. Go there and enjoy some good quality food.

We started with the Camembert Cheese Beignets and they were wonderful! They were served with a ratatouille that was simply amazing.

I ordered the Ahi Tuna. It had a crispy outside, but was still raw in the middle with an English pea and Wasabi puree. The flavors were mild, but in a good way that didn't over power the tuna. It was served with a orzo pilaf that was fabulous. It was like a glorified mac and cheese, but nothing fake cheese tasting about it.

Don ordered the Sirloin Burger with Gruyere. He said it was great. We just didn't take a pic of it. We had great conversation and a really perfect night.

There was a random dog statue outside the restaurant, so I had Don take my pic. (a bit blurry, honey:)) My dress is a new one from Modcloth as well the shoes. I have mentioned this site to some of friends. It is great. I love their clothes you should check it out sometime. (they are not paying me to say that... I wish they were...ha)

1 comment: