Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

the woes of unfinished projects

I have been messing around with the "look" of my blog for over an hour! I have got to leave it alone. I am on the verge of hiring someone to make it how i want it. I am not completely ignorant when it comes to technology, but i am also not the most clever. Enough of that.

I haven't posted any of my little projects lately because they are all unfinished! Some are still floating around in my head. My biggest one that I am eager to get done is my chevron door. I love chevron. I know it is pretty popular, but I just want something chevron in my house! I found an old door behind our house and I scraped and sanded and scraped and sanded it. It had a lot of old paint on it. My plan is to paint the frame part of the door and in the inside of the door yellow and then gray chevron strips in the middle. Then distress it. I am a little torn if I should distress it or not because it is a modern looking pattern. Or if I should even do the chevron and simply paint it and distress it. Plus, i am having a hard time getting the chevron strips drawn perfectly even. And they have to be perfect. Hubs says he will help this weekend. He is good at that kind of thing. Ok I am thinking on this door way too much. Well, here's hoping it is finished by this weekend. I have no clue how we will hang it. Don can figure that one out. :)


after i scraped and sanded it. I couldn't get all the paint off, but it is smooth enough that it should paint over fine.

1 comment:

  1. so so cute megan! it's so you! i can't wait to see how the door turns out... if it was me i would use it in my house just like that. ;) haha. i'm weird & i like old torn up things. one man's trash is another man's treasure... SO true with me. ha. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete