Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Joy

I am learning to find joy in all the little moments that the Lord gives me. I struggle with this. I often want life to be one big exciting time. I constantly want something to look forward to, whether it is going out, having a date, doing a fun family night, vacation, buying a new outfit, buying anything new or fill in the blank. And when life slows down and all that happened that day was a sink full of dishes, toys all over the house and a mom that hasn't had a shower I want to feel down about the day. The Lord is greatly working and opening my eyes to finding and having joy in Him during those "not so glamorous moments". I can't remember where I read this, but I remember someone saying that "life is made up of all those little moments". And that is so true and I feel challenged to make the most of those days. To love my children, husband and those around me and be filled with great joy even when life can seem mundane. Thankful that the Lord is filling me with the desire to overcome this in my life and that He will provide the grace that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment