Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

It was one of those days...

Last Thursday I had a pretty rotten day. It was one of those days that I was counting down the minutes until Don walked through the door. It was a day (mainly an afternoon) full of crying, fits and extremely whiny attitudes. And no matter how hard Mommy tried I could not make my little children happy. I informed my sweet husband how the day had been so he could be ready when he arrived home. Didn't want him to think he was going to walk into a calm household. When he got home I just vented and told him all about the day, how I had gotten angry with our children and how I hadn't instructed and disciplined them in the way of the Lord. I felt like I had blown it. Ever have days like that? At the end of all that I became more grateful for the Lord's grace and my husband's love. Grace that the Lord wasn't going to hold my sins over my head and remind me of them over and over. Grace for a new day and fresh start with my children. I was thankful that my husband didn't just tell me the way I should have handled things (although we did talk through them) but he listened, bought me a cupcake from Muddy's, took time with the kids so that I could sew and then watched a movie with me (which is rare in our house). I wanted to share that experience because I know we all have bad days and days when we feel like we have blown it. It could be at work, at school, with friends or our children. A beautiful part about walking with the Lord is that there is grace for those days those moments and that He wants us to rest in those and to give him our burdens and the heavy things of our heart. I am more grateful now than I was last Thursday morning for the grace of the Lord in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment