Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

The beauty of the Lord's kindness

I have been reminded this week of the kindness of the Lord. How He so cares about the small things in our lives. That He is a God that cares deeply about His children. Owen was running a fever on Sunday and was pretty pitiful all day I thought we were going to have to go to the doctor on Monday, but on Monday little guy woke up fever gone and ready to play. I can only attribute that to the Lord and His kindness to Owen and myself. Another thing from this week, is that we have had mice. Yes, mice!!! It has been horrible and highly stressful on Don and myself. Seriously, you don't even know how this has impacted the Gale household. Thankfully, Don has attacked those mice with everything he has. He has put grates up, plugged holes, put traps down and even ordered a "rat zapper". And last night we didn't hear them and there were no droppings in the house when we got up. Some may say that it is because of Don's hard work and yes that is part of it, but I know that the Lord is sovereign and even in something like mice in the house He cares. We prayed every night that the Lord would take them away and we have seen His hand move. I know some of this could sound "over spiritual" (whatever that means) but I believe that God is not detached from our the everyday part of our lives that He is working and gives favor and mercy where He desires and wills. I can confidently say that I am blessed by the kindness of the Lord.

1 comment: