Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Completed Fabric Wall

Finally a post! I’ve had this project completed for about a week now, but no time to write about it. Life is so busy! Making things and being creative is so life giving. Sometimes it is relaxing and sometimes I can get frustrated. When I start to get frustrated I just have to walk away from it and come back to it. That is what happened when I started on the art piece for my dining room. I knew I wanted to do fabric -covered canvases. I liked the eclectic feel of it and how simple it seemed. Well, when I started buying my supplies I really hated to buy canvases just to cover them up and not paint on them, so I decided to go with foam board. I had no idea how hard it would be for me to cut and get the foam board straight! If it hadn't been for my sweet hubs the project would have been all kinds of crooked. Plus with the foam board I had to attach something to hang it, which I just used twine. So, if you want to do this and save money then use foam board, but it might be more of a headache. When I started putting the fabric pieces on I hated how it looked. So I just had to walk away. After about a day ideas started coming and I knew each piece needed some kind of "accessory" on it. Here are some pics and description of the added accessories:


the finish product


the accessories on these two are from a stained tablecloth. I just very carefully cut out the lace. So glad I was able to reuse this tablecloth. i loved it so


this flower I made using this tutorial.

the little cluster of flowers are the same style I did for my fall wreath, so that was an easy one.

the top piece I just made some circle looking things with some coordinating felt in the middle. Nothing brilliant.

It took me some rearranging to finally love how it looked, but I am pleased with it now. It is much better than the bare wall I've had for over 2 months now. I've got more to share soon!

1 comment: