Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

few thoughts on Jeremiah

I am currently reading Jeremiah and one of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 20:9, "If I say, 'I will not mention him or speak any more in his name there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot.'" Jeremiah has been speaking to God's people day in and day out to repent and turn from their sins for God's wrath is true and burning against their nation. He has experienced so much persecution and been cut off from his people. He complains and laments to the Lord about his hurt and how the people will not listen and yet he still speaks those words. He cannot stop speaking of the Lord no matter what he is up against. I have read this before and have wrongly put Jeremiah on a pedestal thinking wow he must have it all together when the book clearly shows that he does not. It is the Lord that has placed that burning desire in him for His Word. I pray and long that the Lord will put a daily burning desire in my heart to speak His Word and to make it known. And I have the opportunity everyday with my children. Praying to be used up for the Lord's glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment