Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Because of Motherhood...

One of the blogs I read recently asked the question what has changed in you because of motherhood. I thought that was a really great thing to think on and here is what I came up with some fun/ most serious.
Because of motherhood...
~ Sleeping in is past 7:30.
~ I have learned what it means to be selfless. Even though I have learned it kicking and screaming. I had no idea how selfish I was until little Eden came along and rocked my world. I was shocked when I could no longer do what I wanted when I wanted
~ I value a nap more than I ever thought possible
~ I have seen Christ pull out some really ugly sin in my life
~ Realize how much I need the Lord's grace...daily or more like hourly
~ I know a different kind of love than I've never felt before... can't fully explain it, but I feel it when my babies come and kiss me or Eden out of no where says, "Mommy I love you so much"
~ Realized how important this job is... the Lord has given Don and I precious little lives to mold and take care of.
~ That the house is not always going to be clean!! Messes are worth it
~ I know what it is to suffer to bring a life into the world. Not anything in comparison to what Christ did for me, but I know what pain is.
~ I love my husband more
~ I am thankful that I get to spend my days cleaning, playing, cooking, comforting, teaching, being creative, instructing and loving on my children all day. Didn't imagine that it would change my life the why it has
~ Unfortunately, I know the feeling of guilt that I have messed things up and had horrible mommy moments. Again, thankful for the Lord's grace to forgive and keep going.
~ I understand the mom in the store with a crying child. Been there and I know what she is thinking...
~ I have learned and still learning more what it means to trust the Lord.

I could probably have kept going, but those were the top ones that I wanted to share. It was a good reflection and I encourage you if you are a mom to do this sometime. Feel free to share any things that have changed in you because of motherhood. Have a wonderful rest of the day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment